Roku is an amazing platform for streaming television, music and movies to your TV. However, if you want to watch Youtube Kids content on Roku, you may get a little confused about how the whole process works and at which stage of the process it will start to show you the content. In this article, I’m going to tell you how you can watch Youtube Kids content on Roku in easy steps.
About Youtube kids
YouTube Kids is a family-friendly app that’s available on Android and iOS, as well as the Google Chrome web browser. It’s designed to help parents manage their children’s time spent on YouTube.
YouTube Kids offers a wide range of content, including videos from popular kids’ TV shows and animated films. The app also features original series that teach children about science, technology and history.
In addition to the original content, YouTube Kids has hundreds of thousands of user-generated videos for kids to watch. These include kid-friendly versions of other YouTube channels’ original series and movies, as well as original videos created by kids themselves.
The YouTube Kids app is available on most modern smartphones and tablets running Android 4.0 or higher or iOS 8 or higher operating systems.
Is it possible to have YouTube Kids on Roku?
As of now, There is no YouTube Kids app available on Roku channel store. So if you want to Watch YouTube Kids on the Roku, then you will not get anything from the Roku store. However, we got some other ways to get the YouTube Kids on Roku device.
How to Watch YouTube Kids on Roku?
- Screencast YouTube Kids via Android and iOS
- Cast YouTube Kids via PC
- Watch YouTube Kids via YouTube app
These are the ways to get the YouTube Kids app on Roku device.
Screencast YouTube Kids via Android and iOS
You should follow the method given below to Screencast YouTube Kids on Roku via Android or iOS device.
1. Connect your Roku device with the Smart TV through the HDMI port.
2. Now connect your Roku device and Smartphone with a common Wi-fi connection.
3. You need to perform few settings either you are using Android Smartphone or an iOS device.
For Android Device:-
Go to Roku Settings>Screen Mirroring>Screen Mirroring Mode>Select Prompt or Always on
For iOS device:-
Go to Roku settings> Apple AirPlay and HomeKit> AirPlay and HomeKit Settings and make sure that AirPlay is enabled.
4. Now install the YouTube Kids app on your smartphone through the official app store.
5. If you are using Android smartphone, then Select Cast option else Select Screen Mirroring option from Control Center of your iOS device.
6. Once the name of your Roku device appear on the smartphone’s screen, Tap on it to pair up Smartphone with the Roku device.
7. Lastly, your smartphone screen starts to display on the Roku device. Now Play any video on YouTube Kids app on your Smartphone and enjoy it on the Roku streaming device.
Cast YouTube Kids via PC
Follow the steps below to Cast the YouTube Kids on Roku via PC. Apply these steps to have YouTube Kids through PC (windows 10).
1. Connect your Smart Tv with Roku device using the HDMI port.
2. Now connect your Roku with Smart TV to PC with an active internet connection.
3. Now perform the following settings on the roku device.
Go to Roku Settings>System>Screen Mirroring>Screen Mirroring Mode>Select Prompt or Always on
4. Then Go to the app store in your PC and look for the YouTube Kids app.
5. Install the YouTube Kids app on your PC and Run it. Next Press Windows + P keys from Keyboard.
6. As you press these keys, A pop screen appears on PC, Select connect to wireless display from it.
7. Then choose your Roku device name from the list and pair up your Roku device with the PC.
8. Thus, you can watch the Youtube Kids on the Roku device via PC.
Watch YouTube Kids via YouTube app
Follow the steps below to get the YouTube Kids on Roku device via the YouTube app.
1. As usual, connect your Roku device the Smart TV through the HDMI port.
2. Connect your “Smart TV with Roku” to a stable high speed internet connection.
3. Go to the Home screen of your Roku device using Remote and Choose Streaming Channels section.
4. Search for the YouTube app and select it from the search results.
5. Now click on the Add channel button to install the app on your Roku device.
6. Open the Youtube app, Go to the left side panel and opt for Settings option.
7. Disable the Autoplay and enable the restricted mode.
8. Now reboot the YouTube app and you can consume non-sensitive content as you do on YouTube Kids.
Can you watch YouTube Kids on Roku? It’s one of the questions that comes up every time someone wants to know how to watch YouTube Kids. If you’re one of the people who want to be able to watch this free service, then I’ve got great news: you can do it. Yes, we have explained the best ways to get the YouTube Kids streamed on the Roku device without any issue. All the methods are in simple language, so easy to implement for everyone.
I hope you loved the article. If so, please share your views regarding this article. I would love to hear from you.