You have just received a new Roku Streaming Device and you want to install VLC to watch your favorite movies and TV shows. However, you don’t know how to do it. There are so many different streaming devices out there, and installing VLC can be a difficult task. But don’t worry, we are here to help you. In this article, we will explain how to install and watch VLC on Roku Streaming Device.
Is VLC accessible on Roku?
As of right now, VLC is not accessible on Roku. However, there are a few methods that you can try in order to get VLC working on your Roku device.
Tricks to Watch VLC on Roku
Follow the methods given below to get the VLC player on the Roku streaming devices.
- Mirror VLC on VLC using iPhone
- Cast VLC on VLC using Android Phone
- Cast VLC on VLC using a PC
Way1: Mirror VLC on Roku through iPhone?
If you want to play VLC on your Roku, you can do so by mirroring your iPhone to your Roku device.
1. To do this, you’ll need to connect your iPhone and Roku to the same WiFi network.
2. Now Download the VLC player from apple app store and install it on the iPhone. And login to the app if required.
3. Go to Roku settings> Apple AirPlay and HomeKit> AirPlay and HomeKit Settings and require code.
4. Finally, tap the “Screen Mirroring” button in the Control Center of your iPhone.
5. Select your Roku device from the list appearing on your iPhone.
6. Once the Roku device and iPhone paired up through Screen mirroring, you can start playing VLC on iPhone and it will appear on the Roku device.
Way2: Cast VLC on Roku through Android Phone?
If you have an Android phone, you can cast VLC onto your Roku device by following these steps:
1. Make sure your Roku and Android devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Now download the VLC player on your Android device from the Google play store and install it on the Android. And login into the app if required.
3. Now go to Go to Roku Settings>Screen Mirroring>Screen Mirroring Mode> Prompt.
4. Tap the “Cast” button in the notification panel of your Android phone.
5. Select your Roku device from the list of devices that appears.
6. The game will now be cast onto your Roku device.
Way3: Connect and cast VLC on Roku through PC or Mac
To connect and cast VLC on Roku through PC, follow these steps:
1. Make sure that your Roku and PC or Mac are connected to the same wireless network.
2. Go to Roku Settings>System>Screen Mirroring> Screen Mirroring mode>Set mode as Prompt to mirror PC to Roku device.
3. Now go to the inbuilt web store of the PC or Mac and look for the VLC player and install it on the PC or Mac.
4. Next open the VLC player on the PC or Mac and login if required.
5. Then, click on Windows key + K to choose the cast option on PC or choose the Airplay from settings on Mac device.
6. After this process, you can start playing VLC on the Roku streaming device from your PC or Mac.
In order to install and watch VLC on Roku streaming device, you need to follow the steps given in this article. Once you have installed VLC on Roku, you will be able to watch your favorite videos and movies on your TV. You can also use VLC to stream music from your computer to your TV.