In this article, we will help you update Kodi on MXQ Box. We will guide you through every step so that you don’t have to worry about it at all! You can easily update Kodi on your MXQ Box by Google play store that comes installed on almost every device.
Whenever you purchase an MXQ Box, it comes with inbuilt Kodi, but unfortunately, it will be out of date. You will have to update Kodi from time to time. Kodi comes up with new updates very frequently which makes it necessary for users to keep their boxes up to date.
How To Update Kodi On MXQ TV Box
Method #1. Update Kodi Using Google Play Store
- If you don’t have a Google account as yet, register one. It is free!
- On your MXQ Box, get Google Play Store in use.
- Fill in your Google account details that you used in Step number 1.
- Now, it will ask you to fill Payment option. You just have to click on remind me later as Kodi is free of cost.
- In the next step, it will ask you to backup your settings, google apps, etc. for your MXQ Box. This is completely your choice. You can do both.
- The login process is finished at this point. Now the Google play store home screen will be showed to you.
- On the right-hand side at the top, three horizontal lines will be seen. You just have to click on it and then on MY APPS.
- After the completion of this step, your applications will be listed. Kodi will be listed in that section if it requires an update.
- Click on the UPDATE ALL button, if you want to update all the applications at once! On the other hand, if you want to update only Kodi, then select KODI from the list.
- Once this is done, you will be shown a specific screen for Kodi. You just have to click on the Update button on the screen.
- After the entire process of updating Kodi is complete.
- Simply, launch Kodi to check if it has been updated successfully on your MXQ Box.
Method #2. Update Kodi Using Browser App
Well, if you are not able to update the Kodi app using Google Play Store, you can simply download and install the latest version Kodi APK on your Android TV. This method works with almost all Android TVs and it doesn’t matter if your TV is rooted or not. To follow this method, you must have a browser app installed on your MXQ TV Box, so if you don’t have one, install it first. Once you have installed a browser app, start following the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the Kodi’s official website – https://kodi.tv/download/
- Click on the Download button to navigate to download page.
- Now, click on Android from the list of devices.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen, simply click on ARMV7A.
- Kodi APK will be downloaded on your Android TV.
- Open the APK file and tap Install.
- By this way, you can install and update the Kodi app to the latest version.
Talking of Fire TV and Fire TV sticks, they are a new rage these days! Almost every home has either of these two. Unfortunately, the process of updating Kodi on those devices is complicated. On the other hand, updating Kodi on MXQ Box is comparatively easier.
The Fire TV doesn’t come with Google Play Store and they also don’t permit Kodi within the Amazon App store. One of the major advantages of having an MXQ Box over Fire Tv and fire stick is this! We have enumerated the entire process of updating Kodi on MXQ BOX in this post.