Many people think that android TV boxes do not need antivirus, but some want to protect their devices from viruses by using anti-virus.
When you download some files from an unknown source, there may be a high risk of spreading the virus to your android tv box and other android gadgets. These viruses can make your network speed slow and make it very easy for hackers to get to your browsing data. So, it is better to be secure already.
This article will help you choose the right one for your Android TV Box, so read the whole article carefully.
What to Look for In an Antivirus for Your Android Tv Box?
There are many options available in the market for you, but how can you choose the perfect one. Here I am listing down some points which you should remember before buying any antivirus.
- Performance- the first point you have to look at is its performance. Compare some antiviruses first, then choose which can give you better performance.
- Problem-solving ability- the second thing is you should know how that antivirus will help you. You should know in which ways it can protect your android devices.
- Speed- you often observed that antiviruses take a long time to remove all the viruses. Go for that one that will take less time to fix your problem because your time matters.
- Usability- go for those antiviruses which are easy to install, and you don’t have to be a tech expert in using them.
- Price- last but not least is price. Choose the right one in your budget.
So, these are the factors you should consider before you buy an antivirus for your Android TV box.
Now that you know how to choose the good one, I will list down the 5 best antiviruses for your Android Tv Box to make it easy for you. So, let’s start.
Best Antivirus for Android TV Box
The first on this list is AVG antivirus. This is the most popular and best antivirus available in the market, in my opinion. Let me take you through its specifications.
Pricing- this antivirus has both free and paid versions available for you. You can have the free version if you don’t want to buy it, though the paid version will cost you only around $14.99 per year.
- This antivirus is very easy to install and works on Android 5.0 and above.
- It comes with VPN so that it can hide your browsing data, address, and personal details.
- This software can scan apps smoothly in this low price range and get antivirus and anti-malware protection.
- This software update itself regularly to provide you a better experience.
- It scans apps and scans the Wi-Fi networks to make sure they are safe to connect.
Cons- This antivirus has not many cons, but the VPN does not match your need if you use Kodi.
The second antivirus on our list is Bitdefender software. It is also prevalent for its performance. Let us check its specifications.
Price- the best thing about this antivirus software is that this is free for everyone. You can also buy its paid version for just $14.99 per year.
- This software is easy to install and works on Android 4.1 and above.
- In this software, when you install new apps, all will be checked automatically.
- It does not run in the background, so your device will not be slowed down.
- I have felt the only con is that the software does not provide many features in the free version.
Here comes the third one, which is the Avast antivirus. Now I have already used this and also using this for a long time. Let me go through its specifications.
Pricing- this software also has both free and paid versions. Paid version will cost you around $1.99 per month. I used the paid one.
- This software is straightforward to install and very much compatible with the Android TV box.
- It has some additional features like tracking.
- It has a call blocker and also supports ads.
- This software works on android 5.0 and above devices.
- The ad support feature can be annoying to you, but you can avoid this by buying the paid version.
Now moving on to the next one, that is Trend Micro antivirus software. Let us check its specifications.
Pricing- this software also has both versions free and paid. The paid version will cost you around $17.99 per year.
- This software is best for Facebook.
- It works on android 5.0 and above devices.
- All other features are familiar with the previous one.
- The only con that I have with this software is that this software is a bit pricey.
Now last but not least, McAfee antivirus software for Android. It offers many decent features; it provides complete, and custom system scans that are very fast. It also has Wi-Fi protect which gives you a safe browsing experience.
Pricing: The subscription costs around $29.99 for multi-device anti-virus protection.
- The antivirus offers excellent protection to your Android TV box.
- It does not affect the performance of your device.
- Offers unlimited VPN under the free service for limited servers.
- The con of this software is that it is pretty pricey than others.
- The free version offers limited features.
So, these were the top 5 antiviruses for Android TV Box. I hope this article will help you to understand which is best for you.