Jailbreaking is a process that allows your device to install third-party apps. In this post, we will learn to Jailbreak MXQ TV Box. If you are using MXQ TV Box, then you will find this post useful as you can do a lot of things with your MXQ TV Box after jailbreaking.
Don’t worry if you haven’t done this before because we have posted a detailed guide on how to jailbreak MXQ TV Box below.
For security purposes, streaming devices sometimes don’t allow the installation of third-party apps from unauthentic sources.
Jailbreaking of the device helps the user to install third-party apps. When it comes to jailbreaking MXQ TV Box the steps are pretty different from what we do on Android and iOS devices while jailbreaking them.
So just follow the steps carefully and you will be able to jailbreak MXQ TV Box without any assistance.
Also check out Android TV Box Channel.
How To Jailbreak MXQ TV Box?
Jailbreaking is simply the process of rooting your device to permit the installation of third-party apps. There are thousands of ways in which you can jailbreak a device. Mostly, Kodi is used to Jailbreak the MXQ TV Box which is an Android TV. The Downloader feature can also prove to be a good option in some cases. The MXQ TV Box has preloaded Kodi.
Step #1. Congfigure MXQ TV Box Settings
In this guide, we will help you jailbreak the MXQ TV Box using the Downloader option. You will have to enable/allow some of your MXQ TV Box settings in order to use this feature. Don’t worry as everything is safe to do and you must enable only the settings we have mentioned below and not anything else. Just follow the steps given below to get started with MXQ TV Box jailbreaking.
- Firstly, Switch on the MXW TV Box and click on Settings.
- You will find it just behind File Browser and Music Menu.
- In the Settings menu, click on the Preference option.
- Click on Security and Preferences in Device Preferences.
- Click on the Unknown Sources option to Jailbreak MXQ TV Box.
- Now many apps will be shown to you.
- Choose Chrome and enable it.
- Once you have enabled it, it will be turned on.
Step #2. Install Downloader App On MXQ TV Box
Once you have configured the MXQ TV Box settings, you are ready to jailbreak your device. Since you can install third-party apps on your MXQ TV Box now, we will recommend you to use the Downloader App for Android TV Box to install the rooting app. Downloader app is made by third-party developers to allow users to install APKs on their Android TVs. Here’s how you can download the Downloader app from the Google Play Store itself.
- On your MXQ TV Box, launch Google Play Store.
- Type Downloader on the search bar of your play store.
- Select the Downloader App from the list of apps showed.
- Install the Downloader app on your MXQ TV Box
- From the home screen launch the Downloader app once the installation is finished.
- Now you can sideload any third-party APK file to this app for installation.
Step #3. Jailbreak The MXQ TV Box
So we have installed the Downloader app and to root your device, we will recommend you to go with the KingRoot app as it is one of the best apps to jailbreak MXQ TV Box and other Android TV Boxes. Using this app is very easy and you can unlock your MXQ TV Box in just a few taps. Here’s how you can jailbreak MXQ TV Box by using the KingRoot app.
- You can either use Google Chrome to download the KingRoot APK file or use the Downloader App.
- Navigate to this URL for KingRoot latest version APK – https://kingroot.en.uptodown.com/android/download
- Once downloaded, install the KingRoot app and open it.
- The KingRoot app will show the “Root Status” of your MXQ TV Box.
- Simply, click on Try To Root button and wait for the process to finish.
- Once it is done, your MXQ TV Box will be rooted and you can install any app on it.
- Also, you can play with MXQ TV Box settings to use it according to your needs.
To sum things up, Jailbreaking can be done using many different ways. The most popular third-party app to jailbreak MXQ TV Box is Kodi. The Downloader option can also be used to Jailbreak a device in some cases and we have showed the steps with both of them so you can follow the method as per your convinience.
Remember that jailbreaking a device voids the warranty so you must be aware of this thing before doing anything to your device. If your MXQ TV Box is new, then we will recommend you not to jailbreak it. Once your device is about a year or two old, you can unlock it by jailbreaking it without any worries.