If you are infatuated with movies, anime, TV shows, or any type of media that is available online, you must have heard of the name Kodi. It’s like the holy grail of streaming platforms. Even those who have just started watching ‘The office’, or ‘Friends’ would know this. If you haven’t heard about Kodi yet, then to explain it in textbook terms, Kodi is a streaming media platform that can be used to watch real-time content from other media platforms like Amazon Prime or Netflix.
Simply put, It is an open-source platform that you can use to watch your favorite videos, documentaries, films, and TV shows from various other platforms. The MXQ box also called Android TV on the other hand is a device that can output HDMI to a monitor and enhances your viewing ability. It’s a box that streams data from the internet as an app to your TV. This article focuses on the question of how to install Kodi on the MXQ box. It gives a detailed insight on how to install the Kodi app and what are the benefits of Kodi.
How To Install Kodi App On MXQ TV Box
Method #1. Using Google Play Store
Returning to the main topic of discussion as to how you can install the Kodi app on your MXQ box, you should know that in almost all major MXQ boxes Kodi app is already pre-installed. But if you still cannot find the Kodi app on your MXQ box, there are two different options by which you can install the Kodi app on your MXQ box. These are as follows:
- Open the start interface on your MXQ box and go to the play store.
- Open the play store and search for the Kodi app – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.xbmc.kodi&hl=en
- Download the app and open it.
(The reason why there is a second option for this is that the app present on the play store has certain restrictions and limitations. To overcome this, follow the second option)
Method #2. Using Kodi APK From Official Website
- Go to the Kodi app website on your MXQ box – https://kodi.tv/download/
- On the right-hand side of the title bar, you would find a download button.
- Select Android from the list and click on Download.
- Choose the latest version or the ARMV7A.
- Install the app and open it.
To safeguard yourself and your box from phishing attacks, malware and to have privacy, you can use a VPN server to make sure that everything you view is completely private and safe.
Advantages of Kodi App
There are many advantages of the Kodi app and they are listed below:-
The most beautiful reason that you should use the Kodi app is that it can work on basically anything. From your computer, laptops, and TV screens to the Fire TV stick or your smartphones, it works perfectly fine. You can even buy specialized Kodi boxes too.
- Unlike other streaming sites, the Kodi app is free.
- It has a huge database and can support multiple add-ons.
- You can play any type of media, such as audio tracks, videos, songs, films, movies, etc.
- Since it is an app based on open community development, you can customize the app according to your wishes.
Disadvantages of Kodi App
- For new users who have just started using the platform, it would be a bit tough since it was designed for gamers.
- All the content that you view in the Kodi app can be viewed by higher authorities as well as your government. To overcome this, read the additional information section below.
FAQs Related To Kodi Android TV Box App
1. Kodi App Support Netflix & Amazon Prime?
Yes, it does. Not only that but other sites such as MX player and alt Balaji too.
2. Is the Kodi App free?
Since it was developed for the fans by independent developers and they all built a community for its usage, it is free.
3. Is Kodi App For MXQ TV Box Safe?
Kodi is just a streaming platform, it doesn’t provide content. So if it has any virus or malware attacks, you need to check as to which streaming platform you are using.
4. Is Kodi For MXQ Pro 4K TV Available?
In a majority of cases, it is already pre-installed. If you can’t find the app, you can download the same by following the procedures above.
So this was the detailed answer to your question as to how you can install the Kodi app on your MXQ box. Truly, the Kodi app is one of the most famous streaming apps of all time. If you liked this article and have any questions and problems related to this topic, feel free to comment below.
Legal Disclaimer:- The author and the website is emphatically against piracy and the use of illegal add-ons. In no way does this document promote any such thing. The data provided in this article is for the sole purpose of information only.