The Android TV box has brought a revolution in entertainment and technology that can turn your regular TV into a fully functional smart TV. Among these boxes, the MXQ Pro 4K box has been one of the best and most affordable streaming devices.
It is even cheaper than Amazon Firestick, Mi Box and several other Android TV boxes. It is equipped with a powerful Amlogic S905 quad-core processor and a penta-core Mali-450 MP graphics processor, enabling you to enjoy high-end games and movies lag free. With it, you can stream 4K Ultra HD videos and also 3D content smoothly.
The MXQ Pro 4K box runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system. It allows you to upgrade this operating system to Android 6.0 Marshmallow and even to Nougat and Oreo, and can run them smoothly with no issues. To do this, you have to update its firmware. Here, we have provided a simple step-by-step guide to update your MXQ Pro firmware to its latest version.
Things required for updating MXQ Pro firmware
- A Windows PC with internet connection.
- A USB-to-USB cable.
- A thin, fine and non-conductive object such as a pin, a toothpick, or a small screwdriver, to press the reset button inside the AV port of your MXQ Pro 4K box.
Step-by-step Guide to Update MXQ Pro Firmware to its Latest Version
Get the step by step guide to update MXQ Pro Firmware. You get the entire procesure in very simple language.
Install Amlogic USB Burning Tool in PC
As the MXQ Pro 4K box runs on an Amlogic processor, you will have to use the Amlogic USB Burning Tool in your PC for updating your firmware.
- Turn on your Windows PC and open the browser.
- Download the Amlogic USB Burning Tool setup file by going to this link.
- Open the setup file and install Amlogic USB Burning Tool by following the on-screen instructions.
Update MXQ Pro firmware to its latest version
- Go to your PC browser again and download latest version of MXQ Pro firmware.
- Click on the “Download” button to download the firmware (.img) file.
- Turn off your MXQ Pro 4K box and unplug its power cable.
- Insert the pin, toothpick or screwdriver into the AV port found at the back of your box. On inserting it, you should feel a tiny button. This is the reset button of your MXQ Pro 4K box. Press the button gently until it is fully pressed, and hold it until the last step.
- Connect one end of your USB-to-USB cable to your PC and the other end to your box.
- Open Amlogic USB Burning Tool in your PC. If your MXQ Pro 4K box is correctly connected to your PC, the following window will appear.
- Click on the “File” menu and click on “Import image”.
- Locate and select the newly downloaded MXQ Pro firmware file (.img), and wait for the file to upload.
- Under “Configuration” on the right side of the window, untick the “Overwrite key” checkbox.
- Click on the “Start” button just above “Configuration” to start updating the firmware of your MXQ Pro 4K box. You can check the update progress under “Status”.
- Once the update is completed, click on the “Stop” button above “Configuration“.
- Your MXQ Pro firmware is successfully updated to its latest version. Now you can release the reset button of your MXQ Pro 4K box.
This is all you need to do in order to update the firmware of your MXQ Pro 4K box to its latest version. In case of any queries or suggestions, feel free to write them in the comments below.
- How to use an MXQ BOX?
- How to Update MXQ Box Firmware Manually
- How To Connect MXQ Box To PC [Windows/MAC]
- How To Jailbreak MXQ TV Box
- How to set Up an MXQ BOX?