MXQ boxes had gained tremendous popularity these days. Being low cost, more convenient, and easier to use, more or less, every person chooses to have one in their home.
Now it’s essential to understand the problem first that we are dealing with. After setting up your android television box, when for the first time, you turn it on. You generally use your remote controller to save your Wi-Fi details and navigate your device’s user interface.
Now it may happen that somehow you had lost or misplaced your remote control. It may also happen that the batteries are leaking due to extreme heat, or it got heated up due to faulty cells. Sometimes due to some technical problems, your remote may not help you operate your MXQ box. If you have a pet, mostly a dog, it can chew your remote, or even kids or babies can play or accidentally break or temper it. In that unpleasant case, your android TV will still be powered on and connected to your Wi-Fi, but you are helpless and can’t do anything due to the lack of a controller.
Methods to turn on MXQ box without remote:
To fix this significant issue, what you can do is either purchase a third-party remote or attach your keyboard and mouse using an external OTG cable and can operate your television box for the time being. But, in this article, we will be discussing more convenient and more straightforward ways of turning on your MXQ box without a remote controller.
Method 1: Using the Finder button
This method might not come in handy for old MXQ boxes; however, if you own a new age shielded television, this will be one of the easiest ways to find the remote.
- If you ever face a situation where you’re unable to find your remote within your own house.
- You can press the button on the television MXQ box, set up a loud beep sound.
- This sound will be emitted from your controller, and following g this, you will be able to locate it.
Method 2: Using the universal TV remote
This will be generic to the maximum, but it is straightforward to use and efficiently pair with many television boxes.
- You can either download its App or can purchase one separately.
- All you need is a Wi-Fi source to pair it with your television box.
Method 3: Using the television app
If you are sure that your remote is lost somewhere in your house, you can still use your phone to find its position.
- This must take place that your MXQ box and phone are connected to the same internet source via Wi-Fi.
- Once the television app is installed, open and tap the device, and it is connected.
- You can then use the trackpad to navigate to your remote.
Method 4: By using a Finder application
Since your MXQ box is running on android, it is no wonder that you can install an app from the Google play store for locating your remote.
- Most remotes work on Bluetooth signals, and the waves emitted can be used to locate the position of your remote controller.
- One such application is Wunderfind which will help you track your remote.
- You can download it on your Android smartphone and find the remote if none of the steps work correctly.
Method 5: Using mouse and keyboard
Lastly, you can use a simple keyboard and mouse from your computer or personal desktop. But in the meantime, try to find and search for the actual remote around the house.
- All you have to do is connect your USB or OTG cable or a simple pair of wireless mouse and keyboard running on Bluetooth.
- With that, you will control your TV box using the arrow keys and pointer option and the keys on the keyboard to find your favorite content.
So, these were some of the main ways to turn on the MXQ Box without a remote. By reading this article, you will now be able to turn on the MXQ box without a remote. You can use any of the above methods or try them all and see which one works for you.