If you have bought a brand-new Android TV box, it isn’t easy to get accustomed to using it so rapidly. Due to which we are here to help. In case you are facing issues with scrolling down, our simple guide will help you do that pretty quickly.
The discussion topic for this guide will provide you with a step-by-step procedure on how to scroll down on your Android TV Box using its remote.
We have also included an extra section at the end of this guide explaining how you can control your Android TV Box right from your mobile phone. So, let’s begin.
How to Scroll Down on Android TV Box Remote
Read the complete tutorial to scroll down by TV Box Remote.
Step 1: Switch to any Menu
- The first thing to do before scrolling down is to switch to any menu.
- And it would help if you made sure that the menu has multiple options or sections in it.
- The sections can be arranged in any manner, vertically or horizontally.
Step 2: Point the remote straight at the box
- The remote should be pointing directly at the android tv box.
- This should be done while a menu is open.
- Now all that is left to do is finding the right button.
Step 3: Press and hold the button with the down arrow
- You now need to press and hold the button with a downward pointing arrow, as shown in the picture below.
- Keep holding down the button, and you will get scrolled down the menu that you are.
- You can repeat it as many times you like on any menu.
That was it for the method you now know how to scroll down on the Android TV Box remote quickly. But, that’s not all, I have a bonus tip for you. We will also provide you with an easy method to control your Android TV Box from your mobile phone.
Bonus Tip: How to control your Android TV Box from mobile
Controlling your Android TV Box from your mobile phone is very simple and straightforward to do. There are multiple methods to do this. And the easiest way to do it is by installing a free app called Android TV Remote Control App. The team of Google especially powers this app, so here are the quick steps to install it on your Android TV Box:
Step 1: Install Android TV Remote Control
- From the Home menu, open Play Store
- Head over to the search box and type Android TV Remote Control
- Open the first result that shows up
- Click on Install to download the app and install it on your system
Step 2: Connect both box and your mobile to the same network
- Head over to Settings from the Home menu
- Open the Network option
- Choose the network that your mobile phone is using that you just installed the app on
Step 3: Copy PIN from Android TV Remote Control app
- Open the app from the Home menu.
- Click on the option that has your Android TV’s name on it
- A PIN with a few digits will pop up on your screen
- Enter this PIN on your mobile phone with the app open
- And then, on the prompt, click Pair
And that was it for the method. You are now ready to start using your mobile phone to access your Android TV box anywhere in your room.