Using your Android TV Box for watching movies and other entertainment purposes is very common. And most of us have used one or the other IPTV applications. In this guide, we will be walking you through a step-by-step procedure on how you can record IPTV on your Android TV Box using the most accessible method that is available.
Before jumping straight into how to go on about doing it, we should first examine what exactly is IPTV and the reasons you should consider using it.
What is IPTV?
IPTV or Internet Protocol Television is a technology that lets you stream live TV right on your Android TV Box using your internet service provider. It also enables you to stream live TV from literally any other source.
IPTV relies solely on internet protocol networks to send you the live TV data, so there is no chance of interruption unless your internet goes down.
Reasons for recording
There are a variety of different reasons that can make you record IPTV.
- You can store the video to watch for later.
- You could re-watch the video if it were complex to grasp in one go.
- You can edit the video and personalize it according to your needs.
- You can extract useful information from the video.
- You can save memorable clips from a live match.
Now that you understand how IPTV works and the benefits you get by recording it, let us now jump straight to record IPTV.
There are two different types of methods to do this. We will start with the most accessible and most straightforward of them.
Method #1: Recording with TV Mate
TV Mate is a very user-friendly software built to work on Android devices and is tailored to record any TV shows, movies, and audio that you play on your Android TV Box.
Here is the step by step ways on how to use it:
Step 1: Create a new folder for storing your videos
Open the play store from the “Home” menu
Search for “X-plore File Manager” in the search box
- Click on the “Install” button to download and install it on your system
- After you are done installing it, you will get a prompt and there select “Allow” and move forward
- You will then be able to see the file directory, here select the “Android” folder
- While keeping the Android folder selected, hold the “ok” button on your remote to bring up the options list
- Select “New Folder” from here and then click ok and enter whatever name you like for the storage folder and hit “Next.”
- A prompt will show up where you have to select “Allow” and then wait for a second, and your new folder will get created
Step 2: Install TV Mate
- This app will let you both record and watch IPTV.
- Go to the Play Store from the “Home” menu
- In the search bar, type “TV Mate” and select the first option that appears
- Click on “Install” to download and install the app
- Wait for a few minutes to let the app get downloaded and then installed
Step 3: Configure TV Mate to record IPTV
- Launch TV Mate from the Home menu and then push the left arrow on your remote a few times to move to Settings
- Move down in the settings all the way to the “Other” option
- Inside it, click on “Recording” and set both starts and stop recording values to your required need and then change the recording folder to the one you created earlier
- Now open up any channel of your choosing in TV Mate and then push the “ok” button on your remote followed by the “up arrow” button.
- After this, on the bottom right side of the player, you will see a “Record” option present.
- Click on the record button to instantly start recording
- And this should be enough for you to start recording your IPTV now. However, if this did not work for you, you can move ahead to the following method.
Method #2: Using a Game Capture Card
This method is again straightforward to perform, and many people use it to record IPTV. All that you are going to be needing is a Game Capture Card.
After getting it to follow these simple steps ahead:
- Step 1: Plug the card inside your system using an HDMI cable
- Step 2: You will now need a USB stick that needs to be connected with the system that has the IPTV on.
- Step 3: The HDMI socket that is the output of the game capture card will be connected to the IPTV device, and the input HDMI socket will use the USB device
- Step 4: After connecting the card, whatever you record will automatically get stored into the USB stick that you have connected to the system
- Step 5: After finishing the recording, make sure to unplug the USB stick and then insert it on the device where you want to watch the recordings on
With that you will be able to record your IPTV videos in no time.