Roku is one of the most amazing streaming devices that gives you full-on entertainment. A unique IP address is denoted to each Roku device. There are many reasons why there is an IP address. Sometimes you need the IP address of the Roku device. There might be various reasons for looking for its IP address. If you want to know where to check the IP address, this article is for you.
In this article, we will explore three different ways to locate the IP address of your Roku device.
The fastest and the easiest option to locate the IP address is locating it from your device itself. You need the remote control of the Roku device.
Let’s see the step by step on how to find the IP address on Roku Device
- Connect your device (Roku) to your TV.
- Go to the home screen by pressing the home button.
- Go to the settings options from the main menu.
- Select the Network option from the available list.
- You will see the ‘About’ button; click on that.
- When you click on the About button, you will see the IP address.
The second way to locate the IP is locating the IP address through your mobile application that you get with this device.
Since many of the device features have already come on the mobile application, we will use this option.
- Open the mobile app that you use to operate your device.
- Connect your mobile app and your device to your home’s wifi connection.
- On the top right corner, you will find a settings button. Click on that.
- Click on the system information for more details
- Here you can find the IP address of the device
You can use a browser extension named Remoku to find the IP address of your device, and this is the best way to do it.
- Open the Chrome Browser on your PC or Laptop.
- Visit the site: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/remoku
- The page of the website will show you the landing screen.
- There will be an option to click the ‘Add to Chrome’ button and click on ‘Add Extension.
- Once the installation is over, click on the ‘extension’ button.
- Hit the settings button.
- You need to connect your mobile phone and the Roku device to wifi.
- Once you connect the devices to common wifi, start the scan process to find the IP address.
How do I find my Roku device IP address if I don’t have my remote with me?
There are chances that you might not have your Roku device with you at that time. In that condition, you can search your IP address either through the Roku mobile app, or you can also use the Roku extension on a web browser.
How can I find my Roku account details?
To look for your Roku account details, you need to go to the settings options and then go to the About section, where you will find your Roku account details.
What is the default Roku IP address?
Every device connected to the internet is allotted a default IP address. Roku is no different. The Roku devices have a default IP address of 192.168.1.1
IP addresses are used to troubleshoot any technical or internet issue in the device.
Can I change my Roku device IP address?
The IP address of your Roku device is allotted by the router that you use to connect it. Hence, you cannot change it as per your choice.