This article will walk you through some of the most accessible and most straightforward methods of installing the handy tool called XBMC on your Android TV Box.
All you need to do is follow this step-by-step guide precisely, as we have mentioned below. We have posted multiple methods through which you can install XBMC on Android TV Box. All the methods mentioned will provide you with the same results. You can go with whatever method you feel is more convenient for you.
Before jumping straight to the methods, let us first give you a basic idea of exactly XBMC.
What is XBMC?
XBMC was the original name that was given to a multimedia software called “KODI.” Using this application, you can access your favourite TV shows, movies, and music right on your Android TV Box hassle-free. You can even watch live TV on it and enjoy entertainment at its best.
It is essentially a centre of multiple media and open-source backends that gives this app an extra edge over other similar applications. People from all around the world can contribute to open-source software, and because of this, the chances of a bug or low performance are meagre. Instead, you will find the best content on an open-source platform.
So now that you have a basic understanding of what the XBMC is, let us directly jump straight to the methods on how to install it on your Android TV Box:
Method #1: Downloading and Installing XMBC through the Play Store
This is the easiest and most reliable method to install XMBC on your Android TV Box. There is not much to do. All you have to do is go to the play store on your Android TV Box and install it.
Here is the step-by-step process:
Step 1: Open Play Store and install Kodi
- Launch the Play Store from the HOME menu.
- In the search box, type “Kodi” and hit search
- Select the first option that appears and press Install
- Wait for a few minutes for the installation to get completed
- Once the installation is finished, launch Kodi
- You should be now be seeing a screen like this:
Step 2: Configure Kodi
Most of the basic settings are already preconfigured into Kodi, and you don’t have to do much. However, you can give some time and try to explore the world of Kodi.
- You can now easily view the content that you have saved on your network.
- Everything gets automatically synced to your system.
- All you have to do is launch Kodi, and it was going to start showing you your files.
- On the Kodi screen’s left-hand side, you can choose what kind of media you want to watch.
- You can even go a step further and add some extra addons.
That was all that you had to do in this method. You are now free to use Kodi on your Android TV Box anytime you like. If you still weren’t able to install Kodi, you can head over to the second method.
Method #2: Installing Kodi From Official Site
In this method, instead of using the play store to install Kodi, you can go to its official website and download it directly from there. It is effortless to do that and works perfectly well.
Here is the step-by-step process on how to go on about doing it:
Step 1: Allow downloading from Unknown Sources
- Open the Settings menu on your Android TV Box
- Navigate to the Security tab that’s located inside the settings
- Find the Unknown Sources option and click on it to enable it
Step 2: Download and install Kodi
- Open your web browser
- Head over to the official website of Kodi and download it
- Choose the Android option
- Now carefully select the ARM version in the Android subsection
- If you are using an ancient version of Android TV Box, then you choose the other options
- After the download is finished, open the File Manager and launch the APK file that you have downloaded
- When prompted, confirm the installation and get it done
And that is it. You are done with installing Kodi. That was all that you needed to do. You can browse through thousands of different TV shows and movies right from your Android TV Box.
Conclusion – Final Words
That was pretty much all there was to installing XMBC (or Kodi) on your Android TV Box. We demonstrated two different methods in this easy-to-follow guide.
We tried our best to keep it as simple as possible and hope that you could follow along with us. If one method doesn’t work, try to go for the other one.