Netflix is slowly becoming the new daily soap for people. Researchers say that people are spending more time on Netflix than they do in school. What’s even more freighting is that it’s increasing at such a rapid pace it’s unbelievable.
With Netflix becoming so prevalent, people want it on every viewing device they use. So, if you are an Android TV Box user and you’re wondering whether you can watch Netflix on your device or not, this post is for you. In this article, we will talk about multiple ways about how to get Netflix on Android TV Box. Let’s get right into it.
Is Netflix accessible in Every Android TV Box?
Before getting into the part where we explain how to download Netflix on your device, understanding whether Netflix is supported on your device is equally important. So, you might be wondering why some devices using similar hardware keep the Netflix app, and some don’t.
Well, a simple reason for that can be because of Netflix’s agenda. Netflix may have tied up with some renowned makers in exchange for offering their services on their devices. It is also possible that they have no plans to cater the users of this platform at all. So, how can you check whether your Android TV box supports Netflix or not? Well, it’s very simple. Just follow the steps below:
- Start your Android TV Box, and look for its “App Store.”
- Open the store and search for “Netflix.”
- Now, if it shows you the official Netflix app, then that means your device supports it.
- And if in a case it does not, then that means your device does support it, but unofficially.
What is a Netflix Certified Android TV Box?
Although most of the smart TVs come with inbuilt Netflix support. But the conditions are very different for Android TV Boxes. So much that there are only a handful of Android TV boxes that make the list of Netflix Certified list. You can check the list from this link. I assure you it is getting shorter and shorter every year.
This certification means that your device supports Netflix’s quality content. It allows users to stream 4K/HD content on their device. There are many TVs available on this list, but only a few Android TV boxes make this list.
So, if you are using a device that is not mentioned in the list, rest assured we have you covered.
How to Get Netflix on Android TV Box?
Don’t worry; there are many ways by which you will be able to access Netflix on your Android TV box. Some of which will be discussed below:
Method 1: Download an Unofficial Version:
One of the easiest ways to get Netflix on your Android TV box is downloading it via a different source. Follow the steps below to do that:
- Tap on this link, and download Netflix on your Android TV box.
- Once the app is downloaded, tap on it.
- Before installing the app, you will have to approve installation from “unknown sources.”
- You will get a pop-up message which will take you to the settings page.
- Once it’s turned on, go to the file manager and locate the downloaded apk.
- After that, tap on it and click on “install.”
- With this, you have successfully installed the application, and now you can run Netflix on your Android TV Box.
Method 2: Run Netflix using the KODI Plug-in:
In case the previous method did not work, you can use this method to run Netflix on almost any given Android TV Box.
- First of all, head to the play store and search for KODI. Install the application on your device.
- Now, tap on this link and download the Netflix Repository on your box.
- After that, turn on the Input stream option. You can do that by going to the Add-ons -> All -> Input Stream-> now tap on “enable.”
- Tap on the “home button” after enabling that.
- Once the option is turned on, go to Add-ons-> Tap the button on the top left -> Install through Zip File.
- Now select the downloaded zip file from before.
- Tap on the Install from repository, and it will take you to the “CastasgnaIT Repo.” Go to the “Video Add-on” section.
- Select “Netflix” and tap on Install. Choose the 1.0.0 version for initial installation.
- After this, you will see a Netflix logo on your Add-on section.
- Tap on the app and log in to your profile.
Once it is complete, you can freely watch Netflix on your Android TV box.
Can you stream in HD or 4K on any Android TV Box?
Downloading Netflix Is relatively more straightforward, especially if you have followed our guide thoroughly. But, will you stream in high quality is something we cannot do much about. Netflix uses a very stringy set of rules to stop users from other platforms access its HD content. Although there are workarounds, it requires a much longer explanation and some expert knowledge about Android TV boxes.
But, to cover it up, we have listed some basic explanation that Netflix uses for providing quality:
- Google Widevine L1 DRM: Considering you are using a not too old Android TV box, most of the current boxes support DRM level 3. But, in order to run HD Netflix, you will require Google DRM’s Level 1 certification. In order to check this, you can also use an app called DRM Info, and it will list all such details in one place.
- Netflix Certification: So, apparently, Netflix has its own set of devices that exclusively support 4K streaming. We have already explained about this in the first part of this article.
Here we have mentioned two ways to install Netflix on Android TV Box. These are alternative ways to get the Netflix for your Android Box. Apart from it, you can also learn How to Choose the Right Android Tv Box.
You can also learn How To Install APK On Android TV Box and How to Install Skype for Android TV/Box and How To Install CyberFlix TV On Android TV Box. These informative guides will help you to learn more about the Android TV box. You would be able to get more important apps on your device.