Out of the hundreds of devices out there that support live streaming of your favorite video games, Android TV Box is one of the best choices that you can go for.
It’s one of the most popular choices out there.
Android TV Box not only allows you to play video games but you can even stream multimedia as well so that you and your friends can collaborate and enjoy together. Android TV Box in today’s time has completely revolutionized the video gaming and streaming industry. It brings you the ultimate world of music, movies, and gaming on your hand.
Why Delete Downloaded Files from your Android TV Box?
You get to choose what content you want to watch and what content you don’t want to watch. All you have to do is sit back and grab the remote. And the box takes care of it all. With so many features, you also get many applications, movies, and music installed on your system. And with so many files, there is a greater risk of a system crash.
And to play these video games on a great FPS and have a smooth experience, you need to have a lot of storage. Unfortunately, most of the Android TV Boxes in the market out there come with minimal storage.
So here are some quick steps to delete some of your downloaded files on your Android TV Box:
Note: The steps may warry depending on your device. But most of them are going to be the same, so you can confidently follow along with us.
How to Delete Downloaded Files on your Android TV box?
Deleting files from your Android TV box is very easy. All you have to do is follow the below given step-by-step guide, and you are good to go. Let’s begin:
Step 1: Turn on your TV Box and Press the home button
First of all, you have to turn on your Android TV box. As you know, every Android TV Box comes with a dedicated remote, some of which are even voice-enabled for ease of access.
- On this same remote you have to find the “HOME” button and click it.
Step 2: Scroll down to settings
As you could see, there are plenty of options in the HOME menu.
- Don’t get confused the option is at the end of the menu. In the end, you should see the “Settings” option. Press ‘ok’ on it.
Step 3: Select on settings to open it
- Now, you have to open the “Settings” menu to enter it.
- You can do this by pressing the “Select” button on your remote. Or simply press “OK.”
Step 4: Find the Storage option
- Here there a variety of different options you want to find the right one. It is called the “Storage”.
- It should be somewhere in the middle of the menu. Find it and open that option.
Step 5: Find Downloads
If you’ve got till here then you are pretty much done. After you open this, you are going to find all of your downloaded movies, music, and games here.
Step 6: Select all the Files that You want to Delete
- It doesn’t matter if you want to delete a single file or multiple files you can choose any method you want.
- Now, be careful while selecting the files that you want to delete. Because it can become difficult to restore them once you have removed them from your device.
Step 7: Press on the Trash icon
- On the upper right side of the screen, you should find a “Trash” icon.
- Click on it to delete the files that you have selected.
- And there you go; your files have been successfully deleted.
This was the procedure for the common Android TV Boxes.
If you have an Android TV Box that is made by a very unfamiliar brand that is not so common or is very new to the market then you have to follow the steps in the next section.
Alternative Steps for Newer Models:
You can also use this alternative method to delete files from Android TV Box.
Step 1: Enter the HOME menu
Here tap on the Home icon and go to the home screen. This will take you to the home page of your Android TV box.
Step 2: Scroll down to settings
- Scroll down and look for Settings.
- In the end, you should see the “Settings” option. Press and open that option.
Step 3: Find File Browser folder
In some models, the file browser is there in the HOME menu itself. If that’s not the case you can try downloading a third-party file manager as well.
- Once you are in the Folder, look for the following.
- Now you have to select Local Disk.
- After doing this scroll down to the Download folder.
Step 4: Click on the Download Folder
Now, tap the download folder and open it. After this you should be able to view all of your downloaded files.
Step 5: Delete the Files
- Now all you have to do is delete the files you feel are unnecessary.
- You can do that by selecting the files you want to remove and then click on the delete option.
That was all for this method. Now you should be able to delete your files on your own. I hope you understood how to delete files from your Android TV Box.
These Methods are quite useful in deleting files and making space for new files. Share your thoughts, suggestions and advice regarding this article. 🙂