If you want to know how to connect a wireless keyboard to an android tv box? We will help you in finding the correct answer. Having an Android box gives you a lot of options as compared to LED TVs or Smart TVs. These Android TV boxes are built to upgrade existing smart TV while opening new doors for your connectivity. It can play all video formats smoothly and efficiently, providing you endless entertainment options like watching free shows, YouTube, live TV, play music and games- everything for free.
Many times, a TV remote doesn’t give you enough options to browse. Whereas wireless keyboards offer a wide range of functionalities such as navigate the settings, change passwords, and various other options. To use keyboards on your box, follow our below-given steps to know- how to connect a wireless keyboard to the Android TV box for a seamless experience.
Problems You Might Face During Connection
There could be various reasons for no connection of wireless keyboard on your Android TV box. Read below to find out the possible causes.
Low Charged Batteries
Typically, the power of the wireless keyboard comes from its batteries. So when the batteries go dead or have a low charge, you won’t be able to use your wireless keyboard resulting in connection problems.
Defective USB port
It happens; sometimes when one of the USB ports in your Android TV box stops working automatically or has been; damaged by force. Being unaware of it, you may insert the USB dongle of your wireless keyboard into one of such ports. If such a thing happens, you may not be able to establish any connection between your wireless keyboard and the Android TV box.
Error with The Android Box
Sometimes your Android TV box may show some unwanted error resulting in no connection between your wireless keyboard and Android TV box. In such cases, wiping out the DNS cache and cookies from the settings might ease you in setting up the connection. You may also try to perform a factory reset on your Android TV box that will delete all the files and unwanted cache from the device to solve the no connection error.
Faulty Wireless Keyboard
If your wireless keyboard doesn’t get detected at all, then there might be some problem with the wireless keyboard. Using your wireless keyboard for quite some time may result in damage to some keyboard parts. Such damages or sometimes a faulty new wireless keyboard may result in no connection with your Android TV box.
Methods to Connect Wireless Keyboard to Android TV Box:
Below are some of the working ways to connect your wireless keyboard and enjoy its benefits.
Method #1: Connect Through Built-in Bluetooth Technology
Using a keyboard that comes with Bluetooth connectivity is the best available option. Once you have a keyboard that comes with built-in Bluetooth, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Switch on the Android TV box and the Wireless keyboard.
- Step 2: Put your keyboard on Bluetooth pairing mode and ensure it is discoverable.
- Step 3: Go to the Home screen on your Android TV box and move to Settings.
- Step 4: Now go to “Remote and accessories” from the Setting menu
- Step 5: Now click on Add accessory to see a list of closeby Bluetooth devices.
- Step 6: In that list, you will see your Bluetooth keyboard name. Select your keyboard from that list will let you watch the name on the screen list.
- Step 7: Now, use your wireless keyboard with your Android TV box seamlessly for added functions.
Method #2: Connect Through Wireless USB Dongle
In case you have a keyword that is wireless but requires a USB dongle for connection, you can follow this method:
- Step 1: Turn on both the Android TV box and the Wireless keyboard.
- Step 2: Insert the wireless USB dongle into one of the available USB ports of your Android TV box.
- Step 3: Once pushed, the Android TV box will automatically detect the wireless keyboard.
- Step 4: When your Android TV box locates the wireless keyboard, use it to control all the functions in your Android box.
Note: Ensure to keep your wireless keyboard battery fully charged to use it any time you want.
Method #3: Use Your Smartphone Keyboard on Your Android TV Box
If you don’t have any of the options mentioned above, you can try this bonus tip. Through this, you can create your smartphone into an android box remote.
- Step 1: Go to the Apps store on your Android TV box.
- Step 2: Search for the Android TV Remote application and Install it. You can also click here.
- Step 3: Now, install the same app on your android device. And open the app.
- Step 4: Now, on your android phone, you will see an option to connect to the Android TV box. Tap on it to establish a connection with your smartphone.
- Step 5: Enter the pin appearing on the screen, and your smartphone, will now operate as a TV remote.
Note: Not all; the built-in Miracast option is not available on all Android TV boxes. Therefore, you need to download the screen mirroring app in some of the boxes for easy processing.
Connecting a Wireless Keyboard with Bluetooth technology to your Android TV box is no big deal unless you have a properly working Android TV box and a wireless keyboard. Enjoy playing various android games on a big screen along with web browsing with your wireless keyboard and Android TV box efficiently.