Let’s face it. Android TV Box is all about streaming. You stream your video games, and you stream movies. And to do that you need your WiFi.
And it turns out that you don’t have a wired internet connection.
So what do you do? Don’t worry; we are here for you with this quick guide to explain how you can connect your android tv box to your WiFi router.
But there are essential things that you need to keep in mind before getting started:
- If you’re using a router, wireless hub, or a game adapter, you will have to select the Wired Setup option instead of the Wireless setup.
- By using this network feature, you can easily connect to the internet or your TV.
- The setup may differ for different users. It mainly depends on your LAN router and the type of network that you are using.
- Make sure to set up a wireless land router before you setup your internet connection.
So with all that said, let us finally jump to the steps and get your device connected to your WiFi:
Step 1: Press the HOME Button on Your Remote
Every single Android TV Box device comes with a dedicated remote that is voice-enabled for ease of access. On this same remote, you have to find the “HOME” button.
Step 2: Head over to Settings
There are plenty of options in the HOME menu. So try not to get too confused. Just keep scrolling down. It is usually there, written at the end of the menu. In the end, you should see the “Settings” option.
Step 3: Select Network Options
This step varies depending on the operating system version of your android device.
For Android 9 Users:
- Select Network & Internet and then select Easy Setup.
- Inside it, find the WiFi option.
For Android 8 or earlier:
- Head over to Network -> Network Setup -> Easy -> WiFi.
- Make sure to select the WiFi option.
Step 4: Find and select your WiFi Network
Note: If a prompt appears on the screen asking you to select how to connect to your WiFi router, then follow these simple steps:
- From the scanned wireless networks list, you will have to select a network to connect manually by choosing the option Connect by Scan List.
- If you are trying to connect automatically to your WiFi router using the WPS button, you will have to select the Connect by WPS button.
Step 5: Follow the on-screen instructions
All you have to do now is keep following the on-screen instructions that appear on your screen. The operating system is designed to walk you from here.
Important points to take care of:
- If you do not know your wireless network name(SSID) and your wireless router password, refer to the manual that came with your router or find something on the internet.
- Another thing to note is that, from the scan list when you select your network. Press the “enter button” while the text field is in front of you. It will activate your on-screen keyboard. After this, you can type in your security key for your network and press Enter or Finish to proceed.
- For selecting upper case letters, you can press the up-arrow on the on-screen keyboard.
- If you want to go back to the lower case press the up-arrow again.
- Keep in mind that security keys are case sensitive and be careful to use upper case and lower chance correctly.
- Some examples of the most common typing mistakes:
- The number nine and small “Q.”
- Capital “i” and small “l” and the number 1
- Small “d” and small “b.”
- Capital “O “ and number zero “0.”
- In most cases, the Proxy Setting is set to No, and the IP address setting is set to Auto.
- You can contact your internet service provider if you are unsure if there is a proxy connection that has been set up.
That was all there is to it. I hope this guide was simple to follow with. We try our level best to keep things simple for our viewers. Most things on the android tv box are super simple to operate. All you need to get the most out of it is simple-to-follow guides like this one.
So what are your thoughts? Were we able to help you? If you still have a problem, don’t forget to tell us in the comments section! We will make sure to reach back to you as fast as we can.
If you found this guide helpful. Please share it with your friends who are having the same issue. You never know who might be having the trouble.
So share and find out!