Are you an amid user of multiple gadgets, who likes to multitask every now and then? If yes, then casting your videos from your mobile or laptop to your TV is something you are well aware of. But gone are the days where you need an android TV to support casting. Now, you can also cast videos from your laptop to the Android TV Box and enjoy videos on your standard TV.
Android TV box are slowly but steadily eradicating the market of set-top boxes. As they not only let you watch TV shows, but they are capable of converting your standard television into a smart TV. Although there are many users of Android TV box not many know about this unique feature. The Android box also helps to cast videos from Laptop to Standard TV. Let’s know this process.
Perquisites to cast video from Laptop to Android TV Box:
- Support for Chromecast:
A big disclaimer before we begin our guide. All these methods only work on Android TV boxes with internal support for casting and mirroring, for example, the Mi TV box. In case you are using a device that doesn’t have built-in support for casting, then none of these methods will work for you. To check whether your device supports casting videos, you can google the query, and you will find an answer.
- Mira-cast Enabled Laptop:
The same goes for a laptop; your laptop should have an option to cast media onto other wireless displays. Currently, most of the laptops running windows 10 and above support Chromecast.
- Working Wi-Fi network:
Casting only works when both the devices are connected to a similar working network. Wi-Fi is an excellent example, and if you don’t have a working Wi-Fi connection, you will not be able to cast your laptop to an Android TV box.
- Google Chrome Browser:
Do check whether you have installed Google Chrome browser version 72.0 and above on your laptop or not. In case the browser is not installed, you can download it from here.
If you are unsure whether your laptop supports miracast or not, you can follow the steps below to check for support.
How to Check Support for MiraCast?
- Click Win + R and open the run command box and write this “dxdiag” in the box.
- A dialog box will open; click on “save all information,” and save it to the desired folder.
- Once you open that folder, you will find a text file there. Open that file, and search for “Miracast.”
- If you see available written in front of Miracast, this means your laptop supports Miracast.
- If it shows “Not Supported by a driver,” you can try to update all your laptop drivers using any driver updater tool. If it still doesn’t work, that means your laptop doesn’t support miracast.
How to Cast Videos from Laptop to Android TV Box
Once you are all set and both your devices now support miracast, all you have to do is follow the steps below. You can use any given method to cast videos from laptop to android TV box.
Method 1: Cast Videos from Built-in Casting Option:
The easiest way to cast your laptop to an Android TV Box is using the built-in feature of multiple apps. If you are using YouTube, for example, you can tap on its play to TV button. Then the video will automatically start playing on your Android TV box. The same features are available on various media platforms like Netflix, etc. Steps to follow
- Open Youtube, and start a video. Now on the bottom right corner, you will see an option for “Play on TV” tap on that.
- Here you will see your Android TV box in the list.
- Now tap on the name, and you will see a drop-down menu. Tap on the name of your TV box.
- Once it’s connected, the video will start playing on your Android TV box.
Note: In case you do not see this option, check whether your using chrome version 72 and above. Also note that if the TV is turned off or is not connected to your Wi-Fi, its name will not pop-up on the list of devices.
Method 2: Using VLC Media Player or any Third Party Video Player
Another good option is to use the built-in sharing option available in Media Players. Through these, you can also cast multiple files in different formats. For that, follow the steps below:
Download and Install the Media Player:
First, you have to install the designated media player on your PC. You can use any media player from below, which are free to use…
Cast Media to your Android Box
Once you open the file in the respective media payer, you will see an option to cast. Similar to the YouTube Cast option, you have to tap on the name of your box. And the video will stream directly to your TV.
VLC Media Casting
Casting via VLC media player involves one extra step. Here you will not find anything stating “Cast.” So go to the “Playback” option and tap on “renderer.” Here you will see the name of your Android TV box, tap on it, and you’re good to go.
Method 3: Cast a Tab
In case you want to cast the complete tab of your browser to the TV, you can use the cast option under Google chrome.
- Open Google Chrome, and click on the “settings menu.”
- Here you will see an option to “cast.” Tap on it.
- Now you will see the name of your Android Box; below that, you will see an option to “select a source.”
- Click on it, and change it to “Cast Tab.”
- After you click on it, you will see the complete Google chrome tab on your TV.
Method 4: Cast Your Laptop
The cast a tab feature only lets you cast particular tabs on your TV. But, in case you want to cast your whole desktop, follow the steps below.
Open Google Chrome, and tap on the three dots on the top right corner.
- Now tap on the cast. And select your preferred source to mirror.
- In the source section, select “cast desktop.”
- Now click on the device you want to cast to. After that, your desktop screen will start mirroring on your TV box.
Method 5: Using Chrome Cast for Casting Media Files
If you cannot cast media files via third-party apps, you can also use the regular chrome casting feature to do that.
- Open Google Chrome and select “Cast” from the drop down menu.
- You will see the name of your Android TV box. In the source section select “Cast File.”
- A window will open where you have to “select the file” you want to cast. You can alternatively use the “Drag and Drop” option as well.
- After this, your file will start playing on your Android TV box.
So, that was all for our guide on “How to cast videos from laptop to Android TV box.” Although there are multiple ways to do it, you can choose an option which fits your convenience. In case you face any issue due to which you are not able to cast videos. You can reach out to us through any medium.
You may also like:
- 10+ Best Media Player for Android Tv Box
- How To Install CyberFlix TV On Android TV Box
- How to Record IPTV on Android TV Box
- HOW TO GET Now TV ON ANDROID BOX
- Android TV Box HDMI No Sound Fix
- How to get Netflix on Android TV Box