Disney Plus and Firestick is a great combination as you can stream movies, shows, live TV, and many more things using these two. While Firestick itself a complete world of entertainment, apps like Disney Plus are just like the cherry on the cake. Sometimes, you might be stuck with Disney Plus not working on Firestick.
Here we will be going to provide different methods to fix Disney Plus in Firestick. These methods will genuinely help you to sort out the issue of problematic Disney Plus in Firestick. Before making any changes to your settings or Firestick, make sure you know how to roll back changes if something goes wrong.
How To Fix Disney+ Not Working On Firestick In 2021
Method #1. Clear Cache and Data of Disney Plus
Sometimes temporary data from the internet continually store as caches and cookies. These unwanted caches and cookies hamper the process of the total functioning of the Disney+ application. By following these steps users can clear the caches and cookies/data from the Disney+ application.
- Turn on your Firestick and click on Settings from the home screen.
- Use the remote control to navigate and click on the Applications button from the list.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen, scroll down and click on Manage Installed Applications.
- A new list of applications will appear. Find the Disney+ app from the list and click on it.
- Some options related to the Disney+ app will appear on your screen.
- First of all, you have to click on Force Stop to stop the app from running in the background.
- Once done, click on Clear Cache and wait for the process to finish.
- Now, click on Clear Data and wait for the process to finish.
Remember that it is not necessary to clear data all of the time, but we will recommend you to do so. Clearing both cache and data will reset your Disney+ app to default settings and all of the saved data will be erased. You will have to log in back into the Disney+ app to access your account. This method is one of the best ways to fix Disney+ not working on Firestick without changing any Firestick settings and using third-party apps/tools.
Method #2. Check Server Strength of Disney+
Users must check the server strength of Disney+ before performing any crucial changes in the account. You must be aware to check the issue in the device or Disney Plus account. The best way to check the server strength of Disney plus is by using third-party apps, these apps detect the strength of the server in real-time. Downdetector is one such website that can be used to check the server of Disney plus and other OTT and social media apps.
- Open any browser app on your Firestick, PC, or mobile.
- Visit the DownDetector’s Disney+ page – https://downdetector.com/status/disney-plus/
- Scroll down, and check the status of Disney+.
You will find every outage reported about Disney+ in the last 24 hours on this page. If you see a sudden spike in the outages around the world, then we will recommend you to close the Disney+ app and wait for a few hours until Disney fixes the issue. Usually, these outages are for few minutes and the issue will be solved automatically.
Method #3. Log Out and Login Again
In case of server down, there are chances that the Disney plus app encountered some kind of error in the login credentials of the user. In this case, you must re-login the app so that it starts functioning well. Instead of making any changes to the app or Firestick, you can simply re-login and check if the issue is from Disney’s side. Here’s how you can re-login in the Disney+ app. If you are able to login into the app but not able to play any movie, show, or series, only then you will be able to use this method:
- First of all, open the Disney+ app.
- Go to Account Settings and scroll down all the way to the bottom.
- Click on Log Out of All Devices and wait for a few minutes.
- Close every application on Firestick and if possible, restart your Firestick.
- Open the Disney+ app again and log in with your same credentials.
Remember that this step will log you out from Disney+ on all of the devices. You will have to login back on each device you are using with the same Disney+ account. Once you login back to Disney+ on your Firestick, try playing something. If it plays, then it means the issue was with your account. If it doesn’t play and gives the same error, then you can try some other steps mentioned below.
Method #4. Check/Reset Internet Connectivity
Sometimes bad internet connectivity causes issues with Disney Plus and users find themselves in trouble while watching any content on it. Disney plus require 5Mbps of minimum internet speed to perform without any issue. Users must have to be aware of their internet speed before coming to any conclusion. There are several websites available on the internet by which a user can check his/her internet speed. Some of these are www.fast.com and www.speedtest.net. This website gives the detail of the accurate internet speed of the user.
Method #5. Restart Firestick Device
This is the most common method to check the issue with any app. This conventional method works with almost everything, whether it’s a firestick or a smartphone restarting almost always solves the issue. Users will have to follow these steps to restart the firestick.
- First of all, the user will need to open the Amazon Firestick and go to the Settings option.
- Then the user will need to click on the My Fire TV option.
- At last, the user will have to click on the Restart tab and wait for the firestick to reboot.
Method #6. Update/Install Disney+ App Manually
Sometimes users forget about the app and eventually the app start causing issues. Disney plus developers release frequent updates and fix errors in the app. The user will have to update Disney plus app so that it can function properly. The steps to update the app are as follows:-
- First of all, the you will have to locate the Disney Plus app from the installed list of apps in the firestick.
- Select the app and with the help of the controller and click on the Menu button of the firestick’s remote.
- A new menu will pop up on the screen, you will have to click on the More Info option.
- Here you will find the Update option, click on the Update tab, and wait for a while till the process finish.
Method #7. Update Amazon Firestick Firmware Version
Sometimes outdated firmware of the firestick cause trouble in the installed apps and these apps stops functioning properly. Users can fix the error in the Disney Plus app by checking for an update in the firestick. These steps must be followed to update the Firestick:-
- Open Firestick Settings and then navigate to My Fire TV.
- Navigate to the About tab and then click on Check For Updates button.
- If there are any updates available, download them.
- Click on Install Updates to install the downloaded updates.
- Now, restart your Amazon Firestick device and try using the Disney+ app again.
Method #8. Reset Firestick To Factory Settings
This method always sorts out the issue with Disney plus. However, this method has certain conditions, it will basically reset the firestick into factory mode and all the installed apps and games in the firestick will be removed. Users must have to be aware of the outcome of this method and perform it at their own will. So, let’s get to know about the next method to fix Disney Plus in Amazon firestick.
NOTE: If you are not sure about resetting your Amazon Firestick, then create a complete backup of it before following this method. It will erase all of the data stored on your Firestick including, downloaded files, apps, games, movies, and all other user data. It will reset itself to the factory settings.
- First of all, start your Firestick and go to the home screen.
- Click on the Settings option, available on the top.
- A list of options will appear, simply, click on My Fire TV.
- A few options related to the Firestick will appear on your screen.
- Scroll down and click on Reset To Factory Defaults.
- If you get any pop-up confirmation message, then click on Reset.
- Wait for the process to finish (it generally takes 5-10 minutes).
- Once done, all apps and settings of your Firestick will reset.
You will have to download and install all of the apps installed on your Firestick, including Disney+. Though, it will definitely help you in solving Disney+ not working on Firestick and a lot more problems with the Firestick.
Method #9 Report The Problem To Disney+
After trying everything and still if you are not able to open Disney plus, this will the sure-shot method to rectify the error. You must contact professionals to sort out the issue with the app. You can contact the customer care of Disney Plus from the official website of the app. Solution to many problems can be found on the Disney+ forum and Help Center, so you can also try those methods mentioned by professionals and Disney itself.
These were some proven ways to fix Disney+ app not working on Firestick and we hope you are able to fix your app by following the methods mentioned above. Though there are a lot more ways to fix Disney+ Firestick app but these ways are the best among all, and you will be able to fix many Disney+ Firestick issues with them.
Not only Disney+ but you can also follow these methods to fix issues with almost any Amazon Firestick app. Instead of using Disney+, you can also try using other streaming apps for Firestick like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. If we find any other method to fix this issue, we will definitely list it on this page.