Firestick home is currently unavailable – Are you also facing this issue while streaming Amazon on your firestick device? If yes, then you have landed at the right place. Today in this article, we are going to discuss 5 best ways to fix this issue quickly.
Before listing out the ways, let me tell you that there are three popular reasons for why you might be encountering this message that says firestick home is not available:
- If you have poor/slow internet connection, then there are 100% chances you will get this issue. So make sure your internet is stable and good enough to let you enjoy Amazon on firestick.
- As you know, the total device storage of firestick TV IS 8 GB and installing too many apps on your device can result in this error. So to avoid any storage problem or technical glitches, avoid having many apps on your device.
- The third reason why you are getting this message, again and again, is because you are using firestick TV for a long time without any break. Sometimes, using this for continuous hours makes it overheat and then you face such problems.
If you’re sure that any of the above-listed reason doesn’t suit your device condition, then try out these 5 ways to fix this issue. Let’s start before wasting any time:
1# Try Reconnecting your wifi
It might be possible that your firestick issue is persisting because of poor wifi connection. So here are the steps to reconnect your wifi easily:
- Firstly, restart your router. Unplug the power adapter and plug it again to the wall socket. If you’re using your mobile data, then turn off the wifi hotspot and connect it again.
- After that, locate the ‘settings’ tab among the other tabs at the top of the firetv home screen.
- With that, click on ‘Network’ from the list of options.
- Choose your preferred network from the choices available. If you did not find your network, then select Rescan. While doing so, make sure you have kept your wifi router close to the screen.
- Now enter your wifi password using the screen keyboard and tap ‘connect’.
2# Restart Fire OS
Sometimes, this bug can simply be fixed by restarting your firetv device. This process helps in clearing all the storage from your device and removes cache files also. Here are the exact steps you can follow to restart your firetv:
- Pick up your remote and long-press the ‘select button.’
- Then press and hold the ‘play/pause’ button for some 5-10 seconds.
- Now you will see a message saying ‘Your firestick is powering off’.
- And you’re done!!
3# Deregister your Amazon account
In case you are unable to fix your Amazon fire TV issue with the above two methods, it’s time to deregister your Amazon account. Deregistering can help remove unnecessary content from your firestick, which might be the reason for this error message. Follow the below-mentioned steps to complete the process:
- Open the ‘settings’ from the firestick main menu.
- Now go to ‘My account’.
- Then click on ‘Amazon Account.’
- After that, click on ‘deregister.’
- Once done, you will get a pop-up message asking to log in or register.
4# Reconnect your firestick or fire TV devices
Another method that might work out for you is to reconnect your firestick or fire TV devices.
- Switch off your fire TV and unplug your Amazon power adapter
- After that disconnect your device from the HDMI port
- Now disconnect the MicroUSB power cable from firestick
- Wait for a few minutes
- Directly plug in the adapter and turn on your device again by connecting to the wifi network.
5# Factory reset your device
Now that you’ve tried all the above options and you are still unable to fix the issue, here’s one more thing you can try- factory reset your device.
- Long press the ‘home’ button until you can locate the ‘settings’ option.
- Now select the ‘My Fire TV’ or ‘Device’ from the right side.
- After that, move down and tap on ‘reset to factory defaults.’
- With that, you will get a warning message, just click on the ‘restart’ button.
As soon as you will do this, your device will start again just like you have done it for the first time. Now you can set up the device again and enjoy streaming!
Note: If any of the methods don’t work, now you are left with the only option, i.e., to contact the customer support and enquire about the issue.
Log in to your Amazon account and click on ‘customer service’ to contact the Amazon customer support team.
Amazon Fire TV devices are a commonly used way to stream popular content on some major streaming platforms. Its high affordability and ability to stream content not only from Amazon prime but also from Netflix, Hulu and other platforms make it a perfect choice for all. Amidst all these things, facing an issue like ‘firestick home is currently unavailable’ disappoints the users.
So to take charge of your happiness and fun, we have tried to provide you the best ways with which you can use your fire TV again. So what are you waiting for? Fix your issue now and enjoy streaming your favourite shows!! You can also read How To Connect Firestick To WiFi Without Remote. It can make life easy with FireStick. Also read Factory Reset Firestick with Computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to fix this error message without a remote controller?
No, using a remote controller would make your job easy. All you have to do is simply follow the steps we have mentioned above, and your issue will be resolved.
Is there any difference between the fire TV stick and Amazon Fire TV?
Yes, the main difference between the two is of the cost, storage and features. Firestick TV is comparatively cheaper, slower and offers 1080p video quality. On the other hand, in Amazon Fire TV, you get 4k streaming and 2GB RAM for a higher cost.
Can I use a Vpn to use firestick TV?
If you wish to maintain your identity anonymous and protect your privacy online, then using a VPN is recommended.
How long does Amazon Firestick last?
As far as we know, you can use Amazon firestick for about 2 years without any problem.