Facebook Live is an ultimate feature of the social media platform that allows you to broadcast your live stream to your friends, family and even complete strangers. You can also access this feature from your mobile phone.
However, there are certain restrictions when it comes to streaming Facebook Live on Roku device. To bypass those restrictions, we need to take help of Android or iOS device. Then you can watch Facebook Live streams on Roku device easily.
You should follow the steps given in this post to Watch Facebook Live on Roku Device.
Facebook was founded in 2004 when Harvard students, Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz and Eduardo Saverin, started the social networking site.
The company’s headquarters are located in Menlo Park, California. Facebook is run by CEO Mark Zuckerberg who owns half of that company.
Facebook offers a variety of products and services including Facebook for Business which allows businesses to access their Facebook page from their website or mobile app. It also offers Facebook live feature that let’s users show the live activities to the wide audience.
Steps to Watch Facebook Live on Roku by Screen Mirroring
As of now, there is no dedicated Facebook or Facebook watch available on the Roku device. You can only use the Facebook or Facebook watch app on the Roku via screen mirroring method.
- Screen Mirroring Facebook Live on Roku from iOS
- Screen Mirroring Facebook Live on Roku from Android
Screen Mirroring Facebook Live on Roku from iOS
The following method will help you to get the Facebook on Roku device from iOS using the Screen mirroring method.
1. Initially, Go to Home screen of the Roku device and click on Settings.
2. Then Choose Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
3. Next select First Time Only for Require Code option.
4. In the Next screen, Aiplay passcode will show on the Roku device screen.
5. Now pair up Roku and iOS device with the same Wi-fi connection.
6. Now you’ll need to install the Facebook app on your iOS device and log in to the app.
7. Now head to the Control centre in your iOS device and choose Screen Mirroring option.
8. Next the Choose your Roku device from the available devices list on iOS device.
9. Put the Airplay pass code on the iOS device.
10. and Click on Ok. Now your iOS device screen will display on the Roku device.
11. Now you can do Facebook live on your iOS device and it will appear on the Roku device.
You can follow the same process for Facebook Watch as well.
Screen Mirroring Facebook Live on Roku from Android
Follow the steps given below to get the Facebook app on Roku device from Android device using the screen mirroring method.
1. Perform the following settings on Roku device for Screen mirroring from the Android phone.
Go to Roku Settings>System>Screen Mirroring> Screen Mirroring mode>Set mode as Prompt.
2. The next step is to connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device.
3. Download the Facebook app from the Google Play Store on your Android device and install it. You need to log in with your Facebook account.
4. Now go to the screen mirroring option in your Android smartphone and Turn it ON. This option can be named differently on different brand Android devices.
5. Next pick your Roku device name from the available devices list showing on your Android device.
6. A prompt will ask on the Roku screen. Choose Accept or Always Accept on your Roku.
7. Now your Android device screen starts display on the Roku device.
You can follow the same process to get the Facebook Watch on your Roku device.
So the above are some of the steps you have to follow to watch Facebook Live Stream on Roku. It feels really exciting when your friend live stream on Facebook and feel like to join them. This will help you a lot in watching Facebook online without any problem.
All you have to do is get the Facebook on your Smartphone and mirror it on your Roku device. This way you can get the Facebook live on the Roku device.
I hope you loved the article. Please don’t forget to share it with your friends as well. Love you…