Like music streams, the Foo Fighters band community enjoys Netflix streaming. Many people enjoy streaming services like Netflix because they provide a wide variety of content, including movies and television shows, and allow users to watch their favorite programs on demand. Additionally, streaming services are convenient and easy to use, and can be accessed from a variety of devices.
On the contrary, there are many reasons why you may want to delete your Netflix history. This can be to stop recommendations based on a movie you stopped watching or keep your preferences private if you share a Netflix account with your friends or family.
In this article, we will show you how to delete your Netflix streaming history on various devices. Let’s dive in.
Delete Netflix on a computer?
- Sign in to your Netflix account through your computer’s web browser.
- Click on ‘Profile’ at the top-right corner.
- Choose ‘Account’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Profile and Parental Controls’.
- Navigate to ‘Viewing Activity’.
- Choose ‘View’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click the ‘slashed circle’ icon to delete any title in the list.
Use the following steps to conceal all the series from Netflix history
- Click ‘Hide Series’ on the menu that appears when you hide an episode.
- Click ‘Hide all’ at the bottom.
- Choose ‘Yes, hide all my viewing behavior’ on the page that appears.
As a result, you will hide your entire browsing history, and new updates won’t show on your account.
Delete Netflix history on the phone
- Sign in to your Netflix account through Chrome/Safari browser.
- Click on the three-lined button at the top-left corner
- Tap on your profile
- Swipe down and select ‘Viewing’ action
- Select the titles you want to remove from the history list
- Click ‘Yes, hide all my viewing activity’
Delete Netflix history from the mobile app
- Launch the Netflix app on your phone.
- Log in to your account.
- Go to the ‘Continue Watching’ tab.
- Choose the titles you want to remove from the list.
- Click the three-lined menu button on the left-bottom corner.
- Select the ‘Remove from raw’ on the submenu that opens.
Delete Netflix history on your Smart TV
- Open the Netflix website on your Smart TV’s browser.
- Log in to your account.
- The ‘Continue watching’ area shows a list of the titles you have watched recently.
- Open your account
- Navigate to My Profile and click ‘Visualization activity’
- Click ‘X’ to remove the titles you want to delete
The content you have deleted will no longer appear on the list when you refresh the website.
Factors to consider before deleting Netflix History
It can be beneficial to delete your Netflix history but can also bring issues. For example, you can delete the titles that Netflix uses to recommend content you don’t want to watch. However, you can accidentally remove your favorite title, which can ruin your suggestions unless you have Netflix secret codes list handy with you. These are some of the things you should know before making a decision.
- You cannot delete the viewed titles on your child’s profile
- It is not possible to delete the Netflix history completely
- The title you delete may remain in the history list for a whole day
- You may not recover the titles you have deleted from history
- Netflix will stop basing its recommendations on the titles you have removed from the history list.
- The ‘Continue watching‘ section will not show the titles you have deleted from history.
Netflix uses your streaming history to suggest more related content. However, you can delete the history and start afresh if you don’t like the current recommendations. Also, you can use a VPN to bypass Netflix’s geo-restrictions.