The Amazon Firestick app is an advanced gadget that easily gets connected to all smart home devices so you can use it accordingly. Now that people have started using Firestick very often and carry it around to places, a usual problem is occurring often. It is pretty basic to forget your Firestick remote at home while traveling which you will need to connect your Firestick to WiFi for watching your favorite content. In such situations, you will need the help of this article on ways to connect Firestick to WiFi without a remote. There are four easy ways that you can use to connect Firestick to WiFi without a remote. Also learn How to Factory Reset Firestick with Computer.
How To Connect Firestick To WiFi Without Remote
Method #1. Use The Fire TV Remote App
If the remote to Firestick is not in your vicinity, you can make use of your smartphone. You have the Amazon Fire TV application installed in your phone, through which you can use help from the controls to allow you to configure. This application can be used on both Android and iOS devices and will allow you to easily configure the device. Download the app to your device or Fire TV and then the following instructions will help you to connect to the Wifi network without its remote.
- Download the Fire TV app on your smartphone and wait for it to set up. Once done, open the app by simply tapping on it.
- After you open the app, you will have to navigate your way to the Settings page.
- You’ll find an option named Network. Tap on the Network option and then select Configure.
- A list of the possible WiFi connections will show up and you just need to choose which device to connect with your Firestick TV.
- Tap on it and then enter the necessary security password to set up the Wifi.
Method #2. Use An Identical Hotspot
Often it happens that if you can configure the network with the help of the TV remote, the WiFi does not let you connect. There may be some issue with the router or probably with the WiFi Module and you may forget to carry the Firestick remote at these times. If the firestick already remembers an SSID and a password, you can easily duplicate it. In cases like this, using an identical hotspot may do the job and can easily handle the configuration settings if you have a separate Hotspot network. Here are some of the steps below used to configure.
- The first and foremost step that you need to do is create a hotspot network. You can do this by using your phone and the same WiFi address.
- Change the SSID name of your smartphone and set it to the same name as your Firestick TV was connected to initially. Similarly, change the password of the hotspot keeping it the same.
- The next step to configure is to turn on the TV on which you are about to set up the Fire Stick. Go to the applications and then install the Firestick application on it.
- Allow the TV settings to connect to the same WiFi that is also connected with the app.
- For this, you’ll have to open the application and then you can go to the Settings Menu. Follow it up to the Network page to configure the WiFi.
- Once you open up this page, you will see that the application is automatically getting connected to the device and then you have to turn off the hotspot of your phone. This will allow you to complete the procedure and then navigate the Fire TV Stick without using any remote.
Method #3. Use HDMI CEC Remotes
There are many stores in town where you can find third-party remotes for Smart TVs, Apple TVs, and many others. These remotes are universal and work well with all sorts of TV. These remotes are made up using the principle of HDMI CEC. CEC stands for Customer Electronics Control. Any TV that has an HDMI port can be connected to this remote. In a nutshell, you can connect this universal remote to your TV via an HDMI port.
- Before connecting your TV to CEC remote, check if there is the availability of this mode on your TV. As many TV models do not give this option, whereas the rest of the brands label it differently than the HDMI CEC device control.
- For searching this, go to Settings, and click on the Display and Sounds, and see if there is an option available for the HDMI CEC Mode. If you find the option of HDMI CEC device control, then enable it to use it further.
- Connect your Firestick to the TV and then connect the CEC device too. You will be capable of setting up both the devices and use the HDMI CEC device as a remote for your Firestick. But you will not have access to the voice control features in this remote.
Method #4. Use Smartphone As A Hotspot
Your smartphone is the easiest way to replace a Firestick TV remote. Since you do not have the extra remote to configure, you can easily use your phone to complete the configuration. Using the Smartphone as a portable hotspot is quite easy, but connecting the Firestick with it without any support from the remote is always worth a few steps challenge. Follow these steps and you won’t face any problems.
- The first step that you need to do is to set up your smartphone as a wireless hotspot. For this, you need to turn on the mobile data and then go to the settings page.
- Once you do this, go to the hotspot menu and then turn it on. You will have to check the SSID and the network password for any type of future reference.
- Use the TV remote to connect to the Hotspot and then download the Fire TV application on a second device.
- Once the above two steps are done, install it on the second device and then connect it with the first device available. That implies that both the TV and the Fire Application should be connected to the same network range.
- If this is done, you will be able to see that the Fire TV application has gained access to controlling the Fire TV as a proxy remote. They will be able to see and then control the TV stick.
- You can now connect the Fire Stick application to the TV. This will allow the second device to gain access to the TV and then you can use it as a local remote for your work.
- If you are done with all the above steps, you can now reset the second device for the network connection on the Fire Tv stick. This will allow you to use it as a local WiFi network and then watch the movies.
- After all this with using the Fire Tv application as the remote, you can now disconnect the device from the hotspot and then turn your mobile data off. The movie will go on streaming and you won’t have to configure it again
All the above stated methods work well to connect Firestick to WiFi without its remote. While using the fourth method, just be sure that your device and the Firestick TV are connected to the same WiFi network in order for the smartphone to control the stick. You can also get online tutorials on how to connect Firestick to Wifi without its remote easily. Follow the procedure stepwise as told here and you will easily be able to connect your Firestick to the WiFi without a remote. If you like to go further, you can also check the guidelines and community answers displayed on the official Amazon site.