We will be looking at the various types of methods on how to fix the HDMI no sound issue on your Android TV Box. All the ways are effortless. Just make sure to follow them correctly.
Possible Reasons For No Sound
There could be multiple different reasons for no sound on your Android TV Box. In this section, we will be going through every one of them one by one.
- Incorrect Settings
One of the most common and frequent causes of no sound on Android TV Box is when the settings are incorrectly configured, preventing the audio drivers from functioning correctly.
- Loose Cable
A loose cable is more often one reason why your Android TV Box might be giving no audio. This is more common than you might be thinking. Try to make sure that the cable is inserted into the port.
- Incorrect Signal Format
Another reason why your Android TV Box might not be giving any audio could be an incorrect value of the signal format in your box’s settings menu. It can be corrected from the settings menu itself very quickly.
- Faulty HDMI Cable
A faulty HDMI cable that is damaged from the inside or outside can also be causing no sound. Although HDMI cables don’t easily get damaged, it could still be possible, especially if your Android TV Box is pretty old.
With all of that in mind, we can jump straight to the various methods you can use to fix you no sound problem.
Methods to Fix Android TV Box HDMI No Sound Error:
Method #1: Properly plug in the HDMI cable
This is one of the most common reasons and what you need to make sure is that your HDMI cable is inserted into the slot as much as it goes.
Follow these quick steps to do it the right way:
- Step 1: There are two different ends on the cable; unplug both of them.
- Step 2: After unplugging, re-plug it back into the slot with both ends in.
- Step 3: Make sure to plug it all the way in, as in as it goes.
- Step 4: After this, you will have to turn off the power supply by unplugging it.
- Step 5: Connect the HDMI cable first and then the AV cable. Do not insert them both at once.
And should be it to bring back the audio after you start your android TV Box? If it did not work, move on to the following method.
Method #2: Reconfigure the audio settings
With long and prolonged use, the audio settings can get changed without our attention and end up causing the no sound issue. It only takes a few seconds to fix it.
Follow the steps given below to fix it:
- Step 1: Use your remote to select Settings from the HOME menu
- Step 2: After this, head over to Sounds.
- Step 3: Turn off the SPDIF Transparent Transmission and turn the HDMI Transparent Transmission and Notification sound ON.
- Step 4: Reboot your system
This was all there is to it for the method after your system restarts. The sound should be back. If, however, this method did not work, head over to the next one.
Method #3: Change HDMI Signal Format
This time we will be trying to fix the no sound issue by changing the HDMI signal format of your Android TV Box, and it can be done in a few simple steps. All you have to follow them exactly as mentioned.
Here are the steps to reset the signal format:
- Step 1: Head over to the HOME menu using your remote
- Step 2: Go to the Settings menu
- Step 3: After this, the next step depends on the model you have, but most will have somewhat similar settings, so follow along
- Step 4: Go to the Watching TV option, and after that, head over to External Inputs, and there will be an HDMI Signal Format option nowhere you will have to select the proper HDMI Signal Format HDMI 1- 4
- Step 4-2: On some models, the settings are at External Inputs to HDMI Signal Format, and then you should be able to find the HDMI 1 – 4 Standard Format option
- Step 5: Reboot your system
And should be it, now after a complete restart, the audio should be back on. Still, if this did not fix the problem, you can head over to the following method.
Method #4: Do a factory reset
A factory reset is often the ultimate solution to any Android TV Box problem. And this sound problem is no exception to it. It is a sure-fire way to fix any problem.
Here are the most manageable steps on how to it:
- Step 1: From the HOME menu, go to the Settings
- Step 2: At the bottom of the page, you will find an About option. Click on it.
- Step 3: Now, here you should finally see a Factory Reset option. Click on it, and a prompt will then pop up.
- Step 4: Click on Confirm, and in a few minutes, the process will complete.
And with that, you are done with the last method as well. You can now go back to enjoying quality sound on your Android TV Box with your favorite movies and music.